Sophisticated Event Venues in Denver
A Brilliant Setting For Your Precious Moments
Since 1892, The Brown Palace has been a destination of luxury, grace and world-class service. Our stunning event venues in Denver certainly reflects these qualities in every last detail. From our upscale 5,800-square-foot ballroom to our new mezzanine meeting spaces, our Downtown Denver event spaces are complemented with expert catering service, top-of-the-line AV equipment and the most thoughtful and attentive planning services. Read more about our venues below and plan your event today by submitting an RFP.
Our Event Venues in Denver Includes:
- 9,508 square feet of event space on mezzanine floor
- 672 square-foot Coronet
- 365 square-foot Boettcher
- 5,408 square-foot Elly’s
- 5,800 square-foot Ballroom
- 3,540 square feet of new mezzanine space
| || || ||Since its opening, this Denver meeting venue has hosted such notable events as the Inaugural Ball for Colorado Governor John Love in 1968, the appearance of Sir Humphrey 'a Hereford yearling' at the Junior League Ball in 1962, and a dinner for French President Valery Giscard d'Estaing in 2001. More than 3,000 weddings and charity events have been h eld here, and ov er 31,000 meals have been served. |
| ||When the hotel opened in 1892, the Onyx Room was known as the Grand Salon and featured white onyx wainscoting and columns, as well as an immense central medallion on the ceiling in the center of the room. Although the original onyx remains, over time the mural was destroyed. In 1980 the hotel commissioned artist M. Lloyd Way to recreate it, using notes from the hotel's original brochure: 'here are blue skies and soft fleecy clouds amid which rosy, blossom-wreathed cupids disport themselves.' Since the artist had nothing more to go on, he painted the cupids faces utilizing his relatives' (and his) likenesses, giving an adult-look to each of the cherubs. |
| ||Once known as the Wedgewood room, the Gold Room adjoins the Onyx, and features walnut paneling and a gold sunburst wall clock hung above the walnut and marble fireplace. In 1997, the Gold Room was transformed to the Oval Office for US President Bill Clinton's bi-lateral meetings with world leaders attending the Summit of the Eight. |
| ||This Denver meeting facility, once known as an Executive Chamber, was set aside for regional sales conferences. Appointed with sleeping accommodations at the time, this room opens into the Dining-Drawing Room (today's Onyx and Stratton Rooms). It was renamed the Tabor Room to honor one of the Brown Palace's first general managers, N. Maxcy Tabor, son of Horace and Augusta Tabor. Since 1955, it has been the site of countless family photographs for the annual Denver Debutante Ball. |
| ||Named for Winfield Scott Stratton who discovered the Independence Mine near Cripple Creek, Colorado on July 4, 1891, this adjoining room can now be opened to create the Onyx Suite. Known for his generosity, Stratton became involved with The Brown Palace in the early 1900s when he acquired Henry Brown's outstanding mortgages. He (and later his estate) remained part of the hotel's ownership until 1922 when it was purchased by a real estate company owned by Horace W. Bennett and Charles Boettcher. |
| ||Located on the third floor of the hotel, this meeting facility in downtown Denver has a storied history. In 1911, it was the site of room 321 occupied by China's Dr. Sun Yat-Sun, visiting Denver to raise funds for the overthrow of the Ch'ing Dynasty. News of the revolution reached him while he was here, upon which he immediately returned home. He was then elected provisional president of the new Republic of China on January 1, 1912. Today the Coronet Room with large windows, restroom and its own wet bar, is used as a board room. |
Boettcher Board Room
| ||Named for the three generations of Boettchers, who owned The Brown Palace from 1922 until 1980, this board room tucked away on the eighth floor conveniently adjoins to an executive one-bedroom suite (if needed). It features a cherrywood conference table, perfect for up to 14 persons, with leather executive-style chairs and large windows with views to the southeast. |
Originally designed in 1962 from 11 guest rooms, today's Prospector Suite offers many design options, all of them with elegantly draped windows overlooking Denver's financial district. Comprising the suite are the following meeting rooms in Denver.
| ||An early Colorado mining town west of Colorado Springs, this town would give rise to many who would become associated with The Brown Palace, W.S. Stratton, real estate developer Horace W. Bennett, and mining magnate Henry M. Blackmer. Blackmer's son and daughter-in-law later resided in an apartment on the top floor of the hotel. |
| ||In 1859 when gold was discovered in a gulch in this tiny Colorado town, its population grew to 10,000 people. It eventually became known as 'the richest square mile on earth.' The town's famous hotel, The Teller House, was managed by William Bush who co-managed The Brown Palace with N. Maxcy Tabor. |
In 1877 the Silver Boom began in Leadville and made the fortunes of Horace Tabor, J.J. Brown (Molly's husband), the Guggenheims, and the Boettchers. Charles Boettcher's hardware store was located right across the street from Tabor's Clarendon Hotel, which was managed at one time by William Bush.
| ||The historic town of Georgetown saw years of prospecting, first gold then silver - which caused the town's population to rise and fall with each new wave of miners arriving in the Clear Creek area. In 1893 Georgetown fell on hard times, like most other silver camps in Colorado, when the repeal of the Sherman Silver Purchase Act wiped out many fortunes. Henry Brown would be forced to mortgage this hotel as a result. |
| ||Named for the mine of silver found there, Silverplume's railroad was originally expected to continue onto Leadville. Instead the railroad ended up serving the mining camps between Denver and Silver Plume. Today the famous Georgetown-Silverplume narrow-gauge train travels between the two towns, separated by two miles and an elevation difference of 600 feet. |
Brown Palace Club
| || |
The Brown Palace Club once served as campaign headquarters for Dwight D. Eisenhower prior to his election as president. President Eisenhower and his wife frequented Denver often, and during their visits The Brown Palace always served as the Western White House.
The Club also served as a gentleman's only private club until the 1980s. In 2009 it was converted to the meeting space you see today.