1425 SQ. FT. | FLOOR PLAN
When the hotel opened in 1892, the Onyx Room was known as the Grand Salon. The room featured white-onyx wainscoting and columns, as well as a medallion mural on the ceiling. After a century of aging, the hotel commissioned artist M. Lloyd Way to recreate the medallion mural. The new mural was inspired by writing on the hotel’s original brochure: “here are blue skies and soft fleecy clouds amid which rosy, blossom-wreathed cupids disport themselves”. M. Lloyd Way added a personal touch by painting the cupid’s faces to resemble his family and friends.