More About Our Green Hotel in Denver
Learn how The Brown Palace CARES and how we try to maintain our business as a sustainable, green hotel in Denver that gives back to the community. The Brown Palace Hotel has developed a volunteer program for its employees to foster and enhance the hotel’s commitment to both the community members within the hotel, as well as the greater Denver community, through the key values of:
Community, Accountability, Responsibility, Engagement and Service.
The Brown Palace CARES Community Involvement Committee is comprised of hotel employees committed to serving the community through the following organizations and efforts:
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- Capitol Hill Community Services Meals for the Poor – Trinity Church soup kitchen
- Tennyson Center for Children – Working with children and youth who have experienced a variety of life crises, serving ages 5-18
- MaxFund – A true no-kill animal shelter
- Earth Day: An environmental restoration project each year in honor of Earth Day
- Denver Parks & Recreation: The hotel adopted the nearby Civic Center Park as well as several flower beds within the park and has committed to keeping it clean and beautiful for everyone to enjoy
- Volunteers of America
- Yard Angels: A service that provides assistance to elderly and/or disabled people by completing yard work
- Bingo at Sunset Towers: A complex for moderate to low income seniors and/or people with disabilities
- Adopt-a-Room at Brandon Center: A facility for women and children fleeing from domestic violence
Additionally, The Brown Palace Hotel is proud to contribute more than $100,000 of donations to local nonprofits each year.