Learn About The Brown on Our Hotel Tours
How We Became a Luxury Iconic Denver Hotel
The Brown Palace is pleased to offer public and private tours of our Downtown Denver hotel to acquaint guests with our history, design and property offerings. All tours are conducted by knowledgeable guides and take 60-75 minutes.
Public Tours are offered every Wednesday at 3:00 PM and Saturday at 11:30 AM, cost $15 per person with a maximum party size of 4 people. Reservations are recommended and can be made by completing the form below. Please note when you click submit on the form a confirmation page will appear. You will not receive a confirmation email. Please plan to arrive a few minutes early to check in at Brown Palace Coffee and Tea Co. to pay for your tour. For reservations on the same day please contact the hotel directly at 303-297-3111.
Overnight guests: Public Tours are complimentary to all overnight hotel guests. Please do not complete the reservation form below, simply stop by the concierge desk after you check in to confirm your space on the tour. Please note: All Public tours throughout the month of October will be our popular "Ghost" tours
Groups of five or more are required to arrange for a private tour.
“Please Note: In a nod to Valentine’s Day, all Public tours throughout February will be our special “Affairs of the Heart” themed tour, stories of hotel Romance and Scandal. Warning: Not all of these stories have happy endings!”
An alternative to our Public Tours, Private Tours can be requested for days and times other than Wednesdays at 3:00PM and Saturdays at 11:30 AM and for groups of up to 14 people. Private Tours can be requested using the form below or by calling the hotel directly at 303-297-3111. The fee for a Private Tour $60 for 1-4 people. An additional $15 is charged for each person beyond 4.Tours beginning after 5:00 PM or on Sundays require an additional $30 after hours fee.
The maximum number for a Private Tour is 14 people. Please contact the hotel directly regarding groups larger than 14 people to discuss other options that may be available.
We request that Private Tour reservation be submitted a minimum of one week in advance. A hotel representative will contact you directly within 2 business days to discuss availability of your requested date and time and to schedule your tour.
We recommend the General Hotel history tour for all first-time tour guests. Those already familiar with The Brown Palace's history may choose from one of our themed Private Tours. Choose from Ghost, Architectural, Romance, Presidential, Ladies of The Brown, or a Custom Tour.
Hotel Archives Fund
A substantial portion of the proceeds from historical tours of The Brown Palace goes directly into our Archives Fund for the conservation and restoration of our treasured artifacts, including original blueprints and guest registers, historic photographs and printed items. Thank You!
Private Tour Theme Descriptions:
- A hotel that has hosted countless people since its 1892 opening is bound to have a few lingering guests who never really “checked out.” This popular tour highlights tales of unexplained phenomena and spirits who appear to have chosen to spend eternity with us.
- Grandly designed in the Italian Renaissance style, The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa is truly one of Denver’s architectural gems. Describing distinctive elements and often overlooked features, this tour promises a heightened appreciation of both the building’s past grandeur and present-day preservation.
- A natural for any romantic special occasion, our Affairs of the Heart tour features stories of historical hotel romance and scandal. Warning: Not all these tales have happy endings.
- Beginning with Teddy Roosevelt’s visit in 1905, The Brown Palace has hosted every U.S. president except Calvin Coolidge. Discover their connections while touring this setting for history-making presidential visits.
- From the stubborn second wife of hotel namesake Henry C. Brown to the “Unsinkable Molly” Brown, and from Mamie Doud Eisenhower to Hillary Rodham Clinton, women have always played an important role in Brown Palace history. Their public and private stories are served up in this tour featuring women’s contributions.
- Is there some other aspect of Brown Palace history you would like to have featured in a private tour? Our Historian is at your service to research and customize a presentation to your specifications whenever possible